For all beef lovers, we have the roast beef and celery root with watercress salad recipe for you today. This dish is superb! It fits all occasions and you can serve it as a main dish for lunch or dinner. If you do not want to eat too much beef, you can serve it as a side dish. Whatever it is, this roast beef recipe is awesome!
You might want to cut the beef into smaller pieces if your child is still very young. Beef can be quite tough for your child to chew on for young children.
So what are you waiting for? Start cooking and then sink your teeth into succulent, tender beef.
Roast Beef And Celery Root With Watercress Salad Recipe
Yield: 4 servings
– 2 1/2 pounds top round roast
– Coarse salt and ground pepper
– 6 tablespoons olive oil
– 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves
– 2 medium bulbs celery root (2 pounds total), peeled
– 3/4 pound red new potatoes, halved if large
– 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
– 1 teaspoon white-wine vinegar
– 1 large bunch watercress (10 ounces), trimmed
1) Remove roast from refrigerator 30 minutes before cooking. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Using kitchen twine, tie beef at 1 1/2-inch intervals; pat dry with paper towels. Season with salt and pepper.
2) In a large pan, heat 2 tablespoons oil on high. Brown roast all over, 9 minutes. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; sprinkle with thyme. Reserve half of one celery root for roast beef sandwiches; cut remainder into 1 1/2-inch chunks. In a bowl, toss celery root and potatoes with 2 tablespoons oil. Season with salt and pepper; add to sheet. Roast until beef is medium-rare, about 40 minutes (an instant-read thermometer inserted in center should register 125 degrees). Transfer beef to a cutting board; tent with foil. Let rest 15 minutes.
3) Meanwhile, whisk together lemon juice, vinegar, and 2 tablespoons oil; season dressing with salt and pepper. Save a handful of watercress for sandwiches; toss remainder with dressing. Reserve one-third the beef for sandwiches; slice remainder. Serve beef and vegetables with salad.
Source of recipe: Martha Stewart
Source of image: thebittenword.com